Cygilant, a leading cybersecurity agency and security-as-a-service provider for midsize businesses, highlighted recent additions to its SecureVue cloud platform. SecureVue Cloud enables customers to quickly gain full visibility into their cloud-based operations, making it easier to identify potential issues and make necessary changes.
Most organizations today use a combination of traditional and cloud-based IT services. With a majority of data being used and stored outside the office network perimeter, it has become more important than ever for IT teams to have complete visibility into their cloud-based resources, including all access controls. , configurations and data usage.
Cygilant’s SecureVue Cloud Platform gives midsize businesses the visibility and control they need in a simple and affordable way.
New additions to the cloud monitoring capabilities of the SecureVue cloud platform include:
- Expanded Security Content for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Threat Detection – an updated set of alert policies to detect suspicious or malicious activity in AWS CloudTrail events and VPC flow logs are now part of SecureVue Cloud.
- Sophos cloud support – SecureVue Cloud customers can now collect and manage logs from Sophos Central – and can combine it with 24/7 monitoring by Cygilant’s global Security Operations Centers (SOCs) to detect potential threats.
“In the past, it has proven difficult for organizations using a combination of on-premises and cloud solutions to gain real access and control – and to feel secure. Recently, however, cloud providers have made a lot of progress in making audit logs and events available through APIs,” said Kevin Landt, vice president of product management at Cygilant.
“At Cygilant, we have made significant investments in integrating these data sources to ensure our customers have full visibility into all of their cloud-based resources at all times.”
Some of the existing cloud monitoring capabilities of Cygilant’s Security Monitoring Service include:
- Collecting and monitoring logs for major cloud infrastructure providers, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure.
- Threat detection for cloud-based productivity software including Microsoft Office365 and Google G-Suite.
- Security monitoring for leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications such as Box, Cisco Umbrella, Okta, etc.
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation guidance for AWS EC2 instances.
Cygilant helps customers protect themselves from the latest cybersecurity threats with a combination of automated tools and personalized advice.
The company provides its customers with dedicated Cyber Security Advisors (CSAs), who work directly with customers as an extension of their team; 24/7 global Security Operations Centers (SOCs) that continuously monitor customer networks, using the latest threat hunting, detection, patch management and response technologies incidents; and the company’s SOCVue platform, which consolidates multiple streams of security data to help customers detect and respond to threats faster.